Monday, February 8, 2010

Cleaning My Stainless

Ok, here is the gripe post.  I have now cooked chicken, eggs, bacon, spaghetti, meat sauce, and some other various things in my stainless steel.  I will admit to having turned the temperature up a bit high to get a simmer going in a glaze, but...

Every time I wash the cookware (by hand), the bottom of the pan, when wet, looks sterling.  But when dry, you can still see discolorations.  Like a residue is still stuck on there.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  To remove said residue, I either have to attack it with a nylon scrubby (not one of those green ones) or use the stainless steel cleaner.

My mom has suggested that I just wash my pans every time with Barkeeper's Friend if I don't like the residue and want to keep it spot-on shiny.  Is this really the only way?  Does anyone have any feedback on this?  Because thinking about washing them makes it hard for me to use them.

1 comment:

  1. This is always the main problem in cleaning stainless steel cookware. I don't know what's the solution for this.

    Sanyo Seiki

    ReplyDelete