Monday, February 8, 2010

New Knife

Okay, since I've been doing so much more cooking lately, I have found myself in need of a good knife.  I watch the cooking shows and it seems everyone and their brother has a santoku knife.  So, I went on a search for a really nice (affordable) santoku.  I started my search at Crate and Barrel, and while I found some, they were of questionable quality.  I then went to Williams-Sonoma.  I immediately realized I couldn't even afford to stand in the entryway.

Here is an example of a santoku knife I saw at Williams-Sonoma.  It can be found here:  http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/wusthof-ikon-blackwood-hollow-ground-santoku-knife/?pkey=x%7C4%7C1%7C%7C4%7Csantoku%7C%7C0&cm_src=SCH

All their knives seemed to start at about $85.00 and go up from there.  This one is on sale for $199.95.

Finally I ended up at Macy's where I found the right size for the right price.  It is a Martha Stewart and can be seen here:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=386746&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

on sale for $17.99.

And now I have a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment